Renew Your Cabinet
Extremely simple refinishing/maintenance product which can restore your cabinet to the first day it was delivered. To refinish your cabinet follow these simple steps:
- Wash the cabinet using water to remove any dirt, dust or sediment.
- Let the cabinet dry completely.
- Using a clean cloth wipe on oil to all affected surfaces (white t-shirt or similar can be used). NOTE: You do not need to soak the wood, just apply liberally.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes, or until oil begins to dry. NOTE: It should be at least 65˚ outside and temperatures above 80˚ may cause oil to dry faster. If the oil appears dry before the 10-15 minutes skip to the next step.
- Wipe off any excess using a clean, dry rag. You can’t remove too much, but you can leave too much on.
- Wood may sweat oil for up to 24 hours on hot days.
Sanding is not required and new oil can be applied over old oil. If you would like to sand the exterior surface use a random orbit sander and 100-grit sandpaper. Using higher than 100-grit will cause the Ipe’s resins to harden and new finish will not last as long. If handsanding use 120-grit.
Soak any used rags in water until you can throw them out or dispose of oil soaked rags in a sealed, metal container.
There are no reviews yet.